The role will encompass office administration, resource planning, accommodation sourcing for on site technicians, filing, finding and helping in all areas of the business.
We are looking for person with a strong personality, willing to put forward ideas, work hard , have a sense of humour, develop management skills, deal with contractors, staff, customers and suppliers on the phone and face to face, and create & improve company processes to help us grow the business successfully.
Provision of both clerical and administrative support to the Renewable Advice team, working as part of a team and also individually. The role will play a vital part in the administration and smooth-running of the businesses.
The role will involve the coordination and implementation of office procedures and frequently have responsibility for specific projects and tasks.
The role and levels of responsibility may vary depending on the time year and will involve both written and oral communication, word processing and typing, and requires relevant skills such as IT, organisational and presentation skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
• using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases;
• managing filing systems;
• developing and implementing new administrative systems, such as record management;
• organising the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment;
• maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs;
• writing minutes of meeting;
• word processing, audio and copy typing, letter writing, dealing with telephone and email enquiries, creating and maintaining filing systems, keeping diaries, arranging meetings and appointments and organising travel for staff.
• High level of competency using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Access, etc., to produce correspondence and documents and maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases;
• devising and maintaining office systems;
• attending meetings, taking minutes and keeping notes;
• liaising with staff in other departments and with external contacts;
• sorting and distributing incoming post and organising and sending outgoing post;
• organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information;
• photocopying and printing various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues;
• manipulating statistical data;
• arranging and/ or supporting both in-house and external events
• attending conferences and training.
• invoicing and debt recovery
Hours and Location
• Part time (16 hours per week), possibly leading to a full time position
• At Renewables House, Unit 1 Moorside Business Park, Moorside Road, Winchester, Hampshire. SO23 7RX